Monday, January 14, 2008

Cooking is like making love, you do it well, or you do not do it at all - harriet van horne

I absolutely cannot fathom how people actually eat mcdonalds fries, but crave them. Do they think ' mmm. I could go for a greasy, artificial flavoured stick of limp oatmeal, rice, paper ( what's in it?!?!) that will cause me to have chest pains.'
I thought for the longest time people just ate them because they came with the meal, and they were a filler.
I am so passionate against my hatred for mcdonalds fries that it is worth a blog entry.

First off, Mcdonalds screws you over in your quantity. The size of the fries is something so unnatural they must be made out of playdough and put through one of those childrens 'fry makers'. And they put it in a box to confuse you, it's an optical illusion. You get an extra large, and hey it looks like there are a lot - 2D, you turn it side ways and they disappear.
The best way i can describe the taste of the fries is soggy and stale cardboard.When you bite into them it's like a hollow tube and it just collapses because it can't hold the weight of all the grease and salt; i mean was it freaking shake-and-baked in salt!?
And besides all that, you can drop a McDonalds fry in your car and find it 6 months later- looking the same, and i'm damn well sure if you popped that baby in the microwave it would taste the same. I know you know what i'm talking about.

I'm not trying to rag on fast food, or sound inferior to anyone that likes to eat junk. I mean who doesn't once and a while. But to risk your health for that piece of fucking shit, i don't get it.

I don't think people actually like the taste of them, they must have been conditioned and brainwashed into believing that this is what potatoes taste like. Because if you've ever eaten real fries, you'd know mcdonalds fries are like the devil's Eucharist.
ew

No comments: