Sunday, January 6, 2008

Come with me, my love... to the sea, the sea of love. -Phil Phillips(originally)

I have this dream,
After I have my masters, have a stable job, and have saved some money. I want to open a cafe.
Perched on a blue lake, or eternal ocean. The back of the cafe would have floor to ceiling windows, and if a lighthouse was in sight that would be perfect. A ledge would be infront of the window, covered in interesting magazines ( not that make-me-want-to-diet, look-better-for-my-man, ways-to-make-him-scream bullshit magazines), and some stools.
None of the dishes would match. Eclectic and interesting.
A short, but very nummy dishes from all different areas, but all vegetarian. An amazing Chai Tea.
Book shelves would line the wall, full of sea-treasures and coffee-table books. Almost everytype of instrument, furnishing the atmosphere. Antique, but not snobby, furniture.
The aroma of sea water and coffee.
When you walked in you would feel warm, and ready to bust into one of the novels, pick up the acoustic guitar, or maybe just read the room. My photography, and the art of my friends, would accent the bright walls.
Stained glass lights, and hardwood floors.
Family and friends working with me.
I would know my customers, have have several regulars that i looked foward to on that particular date and time.
Oh, oh and big...sweeping ceiling fans.

Another place i look foward to.

No comments: