Saturday, December 15, 2007

Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before, What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store.

A week until Christmas; is that at all it is? When you're not in school, it seems like days race by and before you know it you're calendar is filled with X's. I'm trying to cherish all the time I have not worrying about deadlines and tests, essays and exams. I haven't had that feeling since last year, and nothing could make me go back to that horrible place called High School. I just can't fathom why anyone would choose to go back for another year?! There are a few things I miss about school, but a many more dominating things I would never go back to.
Standing at the bus stop in the morning is any easy thing to complain about, especially in the winter when the bus made a habbit of being late. But I loved the bus ride when I had my cd player ( not mp3 player ) and coffee/tea in my tumbler mug. Big D or Streetlight coming through my ears and escaping through my pounding feet, resisting the urge to sing. It was such a comfortable feeling, especially in the winter; over dressed and internally warm due to the hand-held caffeine. A synchronized arm lift when the bus braked-hard or took a sudden turn by all the mug holders, like a reflex. I laughed inside almost every time. The same tired faces, and bouquet of freshly applied perfumes and carry on breakfasts.
And then there are those damned morning people, what the fuck is wrong with them? It didn't bother me, unless I forgot my headphones...or worse, my coffee. It's 8:00, I don't want to listen to you talk to your fake-bus friends about you partying so hard and 'telling your parents off' last night, when in reality we all know that you sat and home and got high while you watched friends, alone.
I'm not a fan of my age group. Headphones and coffee were necessities on the SMH special, and when you had them the ride could be pretty enjoyable.

3 comments:

Siobhan said...

I always thought it was so awkward when you had to sit at the back in the seats facing each other. I would never know where to look.. Our bus was crazy though. All I remember is the one bus driver who got lost and ended up in Doon Heritage Crossroads and a guy yelling out "hey, I have to get home to feed my kids!" and having to get picked up from school when the bus brought us back for the guys getting high at the back of the bus.

icanlaughitoff said...

thank god for the invention of head phones

karmamachine said...

yeah the bus home was horrible because all the highschool kids thought it was key to show off how 'badass' they were. It got worse in the final year too, when niners brought stale urine in a bottle and let the rank smell choke everyone on the bus.