Thursday, December 6, 2007

I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? Alice in Wonderland

I used to love nights in my parents room. On the nights when they actually wanted to sleep comfortably, i would fall asleep outside of their door hoping that the next time i woke up i would be between them. Two big windows slightly opened to create a crisp breeze, snuggled and tight under the big duvet. My dad would trick me into playing toy-cars on his back, as his movements dulled and the snores rolled in. My mom, rolling and smacking. But the best part was the light show; strange square shapes growing and dying on the walls like a lost slideshow. The night traffic drifting past with their swooshing and humming as they creep down the asphalt. It was relaxing, it was therapeutic. I miss being that comfortable and feeling that security.

Things have gotten so crazy, I am Alice in Wonderland. I feel so niave, everyone is giving me all these answer's but they still don't seem to make sense. I'm being tossed in all these insane environments and all i can do is ask questions instead of get anything accomplished. I'm sure of very few things these days. and i'm hoping when i wake up that will change.
I'm very excited for Christmas however, even though i think the ' holiday of giving' is a huge laugh and is what people fool themselves into thinking their not consumers and slaves to brands. I don't think there is anything more repulsive than parents that spoil their children.
I've always, since i can remember, loved Christmas because of visiting family and the big family dinners. Oh and who can forget the classic movies...sigh.

No comments: