Saturday, November 17, 2007

One kind word can warm three winter months. Japanese Proverb

Thursday was a bit of a disaster.

If you could tell from the previous post me and my mother got in a fight. There are many things i let her get away with, but to call me selfish just set off fireworks inside me, that burned their way up my throat, and shot at her. I keep so much inside of me that when i get a chance to tell her how i really feel I choke and can't remember why I think she's such a terrible mother. She had no counterpoints, like usual.
Because of this very unusual conversation of truth, obviously catching me off guard, I was late meeting Diana at the mall. There was no way I was going to ask for a ride, so I walked. Slushy rain started to pour on my unprepared self as I cursed and kicked the bated flurries. When we paired and reached the coffee shop I reached in my backpack for the 20 bucks, I half-regretted grabbing in the first place, to surface with only lint and an expression of 'for fuck sakes'.
(old picture from when my hair was long, and red )
My luck turned after spending the time with D, warm chats and racy topics. I really miss our lunch-time picnics, and our party of three. We bought her this flow-y, contrast dress for her trip to Columbia in a few weeks, i'm excited for her.
She dropped me at Josh's, to be trampled by the puppy, picked up by his dad, and dropped at the train station. There's something so safe about the train, perhaps its the constant melodic rocking, or maybe it is the dependence of knowing you don't have to pay attention to the traffic. I just know I like the train, it makes me feel adventurous even if it's only for a few minutes. choo, choo!

No comments: