Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - john lennon

You hear about people being too busy to eat and slowly hurting themselves, when i heard that i always thought how can you not notice the hunger burning at your core?
I took a shift at work yesterday afternoon because i thought it was going to be pretty slow. I started at 4. Expected to be out at 9. Ha, ha. I was not reminded that it was college night and around 8 it was going to start getting very congested. I did not leave until 12:00.
It was when i was cashing out my money that I realized I had not eaten for 10 hours, my only meal of the day consisting of a slice of toast and an apple.
I felt gross and embarrassed, probably because I still was not hungry. It's the strangest feeling, usually i must eat every 3 hours or else my stomach starts speaking to me.
I grabbed a slice of pizza ( which i'm sure was 1/4 of a large pizza) and settled my fear of turning into 'that girl', and my soon to be screaming stomach.

No comments: